A big horaiiii that finally I could step my foot in here…. Malang city, the city where my husband was born and grew up until he graduated from his college. All this time, I’ve just heard from him about the city where he had spent the time when he’s still a child and how he played with his friends. He told me his story that he grew up in the city which the air still cool and fresh. Malang is also famous of its farm, especially Apple farm, but now it’s not only just Apple farm, Malang is also famous of its strawberry farm and vegetables farm. They offered the people to enjoy picking apple from its tree by themselves, and when it came to harvest time, they offered to picking the apples and eat them as much as you can at the farm.
This picture was taken before I entered the apple farm named “Kusuma Agro Wisata” in Batu, Malang, East Java, Indonesia. Apple in Malang is different from the other apple, the colour is green and it has already could be eaten. The taste is also good and sweet.
Here are some tips to pick apple from a tree:
– Ripe the apples from outside towards the center. Apples ripen from the outside of the tree towards the center, so the apples out the outside of the tree will be ripen first. After that we could ripe the apple that hang on the center of the tree.
– Roll the apple upwards off the branch and give a little twist. Don’t pull straight away from the tree. If two apples are joined together at the top, both will come away at the same time.
– Don’t shake the trees or branches. If the apple we are trying to pick drops, we then just could go ahead and pick it up. They’re perfectly fine!
– Once picked,don’t directly put them in the basket, or they may bruise and go bad more quickly
– Don’t wash apples, until just before using to prevent spoilage.
– Keep apples cool after picking to increase shelf life. We should kept them in the cool place or we could store them in the refrigerator if they just in small quantities of apples
My parents also enjoyed the time picking of picking apples together with my husband and me. I love you all my families 😀
We thought that we are expert now in the skills of picking apples and ready for the harvest time 😀
We’ve got full of apples in both our hands. So delightful and very pleasure to have this experience with my husband and my families together.
Apples are ranked No. 1 in antioxidant activity compared with 40 other commercially available fruits and vegetables. That means a serving of apples has more of the antioxidant power you need to fight aging, cancer and heart disease.